Well, I'll tell you, it's about this awesomeness!
Now how did i do this magnificenceness?
What you will need:
A little cup or shot glass
10 small strips of newspaper
How to do it:
1. As always, start with clean nails and apply a clear base coat.
2. Next, pour rubbing alcohol in your cup, enough to dip your entire fingertip in.
3. Then apply two layers of your pastel polish. I used O.P.I Italian Love Affair. Make sure to let your nails dry COMPLETELY before the next step.
4. Once dry, dip your fingertip in the rubbing alcohol and cover wet nail with newspaper. (Most places say hold firmly for thirty seconds, however, when I waited that long, the paper seemed to stick to the nail. I only held it down for 15-20 seconds and it worked just fine.) Slowly peel off newspaper. Repeat on all other fingers.
5. Next, apply your clear top coat to get that glossiness.
6. Lastly, cleanup any newspaper print and nail polish mess with a Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover and voila!
Your finished product should look something like this!
I used the obituary pages from the newspaper for my print because it is just creepy enough for Halloween. It's a lot of fun to walk around with cutesy pink nail polish that has words like passed away, body, died, and memorial. So go forth and paint, and Happy Halloween Witches!