Thursday, February 23, 2012

Get Nailed: Flower Power

Spring is almost here but the weather in Ventura, Ca is still chilly. So to prep myself for spring and the hopefully warm weather it brings, I've decided to do a floral print on my nails. I tried multiple times to paint different styles of flowers until I found one that I liked.







1.) To start with, paint your nails with a light color for the base polish. I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Blue Blast which seems to be discontinued. My sister in law found it on clearance at Target for only $3.24. Added bonus, if you use $1/1 MF coupon and $1/1 Target Coupon, it would only be $1.24, if you can still find it...



2.) On a piece of paper (a non-porous surface is even better), dot the colors you will be using for your flowers next to each other. I used a dark pink, a light pink, and white. Make sure you have your tool handy to make the flower, whether it is a toothpick, nail tool, or go ghetto with me and use a bobby pin!














3.) Next, I swirled my colors together ever so slightly, getting a little of all three colors on my "tool", and made flower patterns randomly on my nails.

4.) I repeated steps 2 & 3 using a dark green and light green, but I used these to create my leaves.

5.) For a final touch, I used sparkly pink to dot the center of my flowers and voila !





No comments:

Post a Comment