Friday, February 17, 2012

Cheap Thrills: Creature Comforts

There is a definite chill in the air, kids. Punxsutawney Phil predicted another six weeks of winter, and that means we need to get our warm and comfy Cheap Thrills on! I've slipped on my ~*fancy slippers*~ and searched high and low for the fuzziest, snuggliest, and coziest bargains out there. You know there's going to be at least one Snuggie knock off, so don't even try to be surprised.


This sherpa throw is available from Amazon in three colors: tan (shown here), chocolate and sage - it's lightweight and machine washable, so you don't have to freak out if you accidentally spill your glass of red wine all over it. Not that that's happened to me or anything... Also, this is one of those magical times when an item from Amazon is just over the $25 mark, so it qualifies for free super savers shipping! Goths can find the same blanket in black here for a few dollars less.



Hot Booties Slippers - Hot Booties $14.99
I'm sure you've seen these late at night, during a Teen Mom 2 marathon, and have had your curiosity piqued. I'll be honest, I haven't tried them myself but $14.99 plus shipping & handling isn't a bad deal - plus, you can get a second pair free if your order them online (you have to pay separate handling). I looked up a bunch of reviews and found that these are strictly for lounging purposes, and won't hold up if you walk around in them. That's kind of a bummer, since I want to experience the foot massage feeling  people claim to enjoy in the commercial... but, if you're going to park yourself on the sofa on a cold night and watch back to back episodes of bad reality tv, they'll probably keep you toasty warm. P.S. I hope they don't set on fire in the microwave.


Mukluk Slippers - Soul Flower $14
I'm gonna fess up my love for Mukluks to you, they're so comfy and warm! I got a pair of Paul Frank design slippers for Christmas a few years ago, and became completely hooked. These are from Soul Flower, and they come in a huge assortment of colors and patterns, in sizes XS to XL. They're made out of soft wool on top, with thin leather soles so you don't go sliding around your floors at home. While you can probably get away with running out to check the mail in these, they're not really built for wearing out of the house - and if you do regularly go out in your chanclas, know that you're breaking my heart.


Ermine Faux Fur Muff - Bitsy Baubles $36.50
After a nervous glance around me, I went ahead with my Google search for "fur muffs", and saw this beauty. It's faux, so no guilt about offing any cute little critters! The muff is lined with satin and padded for extra warmth, and has a built in ribbon wristlet so you don't have to worry about losing your muff out on the street.



Skull & Crossbones Snuggie - My Snuggie Store $14.99
Ladies aren't the only ones who need some cozy comfort, check out this skull and crossbones for the hardcore dude in your life. Check out all the patterns available from My Snuggie Store, prices range from $14.99 to $19.99. We've all scoffed at the Snuggie, but it actually is really comfy and warm. I found the zebra print (yes, this is the one I have) for $9.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond, and don't forget about your dog!



Portable Indoor/Outdoor Fireplace - Target $107.99 (was $134.99)
I am bound and determined to get one of these indoor fireplaces, never mind the fact that there's already a real fireplace in my living room.  This one is a great deal at Target, and qualifies for free shipping! It's freestanding, and can  be used indoors or outdoors - it runs on gel fuel canisters that are purchased separately. The canisters cost $2 to $3 each, and last about 3 hours, you can find them at Target, Amazon, Home Depot, etc. - keep an eye out for them at places like Costco, where you'll get a great deal by buying them in bulk.


Chumbuddy Shark Sleeping Bag - Amazon $199.99
Let's go wild with one big splurge item, shall we? The Chumbuddy sleeping bag will keep you warm and entertain your friends and family. It's a big plush sleeping bag shaped like a shark, just climb in and start doing your best Jaws victim impressions. $200 is a lot to pay for a shark joke, but at least it ships for free from Amazon! If you want an even bigger splurge, try Lovesac's "The Big One", I promise that link leads to furniture, not an uncomfortable conversation.


Okay, folks, that's it for this week! I hope I've left you feeling warm and secure with some cozy Cheap Thrills. Until next time, I'll be snuggling under the covers, dreaming of my ultimate comfort fantasy... the hamburger bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment