Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Trendy Mommy Tuesdays: vol. 11

Inspiration Tia Mowry:

Pictures from Zimbio, People, and CoupledUp

I am a secret fan of Sister Sister, Twitches (I'm not even going to link that because I am too embarassed), and more recently, a fan of Tia & Tamara on Style network. I think both twins are funny and super cute. I must admit I favor Tia because she is a mom and so am I so I pretend to  have more in common with her. When I was in high school, long ago when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth, their little brother Taj went to a local High School around here so I saw them locally all the time and they always seemed so real and down to earth!

In a a recent interview with Vibe Vixen, Tia was quoted on her style since having baby Cree "My whole thing with being a mom is that you don’t want to lose your identity; you don’t want to lose who you were before. You can still be that hot, sexy mom.[I wear a lot of vibrant, flowy, colorful clothes, before it was edgy. I’m a mom now, but when I go out, I don’t forget who I was before]."

I really like this quote and feel this is one of the reasons I write this article. I feel like there are mom's out there on a realistic budget that want to feel and look amazing but don't know how to do it or how to find good deals. It's not always about being on trend but it is about feeling and looking good, especially right after you have a baby.

Even though I've already done a post on Maxi Dresses , I will throw in a few more because Tia likes them and every girl should own at least one!


1st Row (L to R): Lucy Love $ 25, Christin Michaels $42, Alejandra Sky $48, Jessica Simpson $101 
2nd Row (L to R): YesToStyle $52, Star Dress $62, ASOS Maternity $83, BetseyJohnson $95

Although all of these dresses are super cute, you can see that they vary greatly in price from $25-$101 ! Not all of us have that much money to spend on dresses. I cannot stress enough to go to thrift stores for cute vintage maxi's, TJMaxx, Marshalls, Ross and other discount stores as well. I went to Ross this past weekend and got two amazing dresses totaling only $38! Let us know in the comments below or on our FB page if you have any hidden gems you shop at or online stores you frequent!

2 comments: