Saturday, June 9, 2012

True Blood: Sundae Bloody Sundaes


If you didn't get enough sweets and liquor in Vanessa's epic True Blood Season 5 premiere party post this week (in which she included these cupcakes by yours truly), you may have a problem. You also are in luck because I have one more bloody treat to fling your way faster than a shape shifter. Whether you'll be having a quiet night on the couch on Sunday night (like me) or decide to invite a bunch of your best blood thirsty friends over for a party, these Sundae Bloody Sundaes are fun and perfect for a warm June evening



For a bit of southern flair, I used Blue Bunny red velvet ice cream for the sundaes. It's scary good (and very sweet) and if you're feeling extra ambitious, you could always make your own. For the decadent Chambord raspberry sauce, simmer raspberries, lemon juice, a generous pour of Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur, and a bit of sugar in a pot for a few minutes. Then, strain out raspberry seeds (or keep them in, the sauce is tasty either way) and pour over a scoop of ice cream while still warm and bloody-riffic. Top with a maraschino cherry. These sundaes are messy and melty sorta like a hot fudge sundae and verrry red (if you are partying hard, you may even want to throw down some American Psycho style drop cloths). I also made a set of fancy blood type party picks that would look just as good in cocktails or on cupcakes. You can download the design here!



On Sunday, I will also be watching another HBO gem and one of my new favorite shows, Girls (anyone else?) but until I can think of something besides cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon, shower cupcakes, and the morning after pill as themed nosh, I'm resisting the urge to post any Girls viewing party ideas. Consider yourself warned. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

Top photo: HBO
Follow me on Instagram! @ririmaria

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I can't wait for the premier tomorrow night, and I can't wait to try that Chambord sauce for myself.
    I finally came around to "Girls", they won me over after a few episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a little while too! I was in love/hate for awhile now I've just embraced it.

      Delete
  2. This looks so yummy! I finally watched the show, not too bad but of course Im going to have to go back and watch the other seasons so I know what the hell is going on lol.

    ReplyDelete