Picture & recipe directly from LaurenConrad.com
Corona & Lime cupcakes, yum. I originally got this idea & recipe from Lauren Conrad...yes, the girl from Laguna Beach and The Hills. And yes I'm pregnant and baking with beer, don't judge me. I didn't eat any of the cupcakes because no one would let me. However, I would like to point at that according to certain sources, only 35% of alcohol in this specific recipe is retained after baking. I'm not a math wizard by any means, but 35% of a beer that is 4.5% alcohol level (of which I only used 1/2 a bottle) probably equals close to nothing. Bottom line, I didn't have any but I really wanted to.
Makes 24 cupcakes
*All of these ingredients I already had in the house except for the limes so my total for this recipe was $1.23!*
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 cup Corona beer, plus more for brushing on tops
- 1/4 cup milk
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, beating after each addition then add the vanilla and zest.
- Load frosting in a piping bag with a large star tip and pipe cupcake tops once cooled (or Ziploc bag with a hole cut in the tip if you're ghetto like me).