Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WWMBD?




Let's move on, shall we?

Today we will talk about entry types: Single, daily, unlimited, and the mysterious"other."

Single entry is nice because it obviously doesn't take much effort. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am. Pro: easy. Con: no competitive edge. Since there's only one entry everyone has about the same chance of winning.

Daily entries can be a little more time consuming, but if you stay on top of it (that's what she said?) and enter everyday you can increase your chances. The way I handle daily entries is by keeping them in my favorites in a file labeled specifically for daily entry sweepstakes. I name it by the prize or company and follow it by the date the contest ends. If it's a prize I really, really want to win I'll even save it on my home computer or in my email as well so I can enter on the weekends (crazy? maybe) (but I like winning. how dare you read me that way) (soon you will be obsessed too).
"Other" can include unlimited entries, which is overwhelming, but if you want to be evil (and smart) you can enter a million, billion times. Hopefully you will win if you do this, because I'd be pissed if I didn't after all that work. Gurrrrl. Sometimes you'll even see 3 times a day, once a week, once a month, etc. When I find "other" sweepstakes I add them to a different folder with the name and the type. Example: "Michael Bolton CD M 12-31." Explanation: I can only enter once a week so I pick the day of the week that I found it on (not necessary, just makes it easier for me), which in this case is Monday, and it expires December 31st. Some dailies even make it into the "other" category because the fine print says you'll be disqualified if the entry is any less than 24 hours from the last one. Those are rare, but for those I just make it every other day so I don't screw up.

Enter as many times as the sweepstake rules will allow you. The more you maximize your entries, the better your chances are at winning.

Practice time!

No comments:

Post a Comment