Thursday, September 15, 2011

Falling for Fall

Fall brings many things. It brings rain, gloom, clouds, and Seasonal Affective Disorder. However, it also brings some of my favorite things like baking cookies, seasonal candles,  pumpkin spice lattes, holidays, and best of all...FALL FASHION (insert thunderous applause and cheering here) !

Yep, it's that time again. It's time to change up your wardrobe from the latest hoochie, floral Summer must haves to the newest Fall trends. I am a fashion lover, but I cannot afford to pay runway or high end prices. I want to stay hip at a reasonable price. Do people still say hip? Anyways, here are some of the 2011 Fall trends seen on the runway turned into buys for the everyday people (Whether you like it or not, that's you and me).

My favorite look by far was the He/She look, better known as the Woman's Tux. I myself love a good "smoking jacket" and I guess that would fall into this category too (Fall, get it?)



Dolce & Gabbana


H&M, $49.95

The next dominant trend right now is color blocking (usually in the form of brightly colored pants). More power to you if you can rock these but I wouldn't be caught dead in them. Okay, maybe I would because if I ever put these on I would DIE of embarrassment.
Gucci




Old Navy, $34.94

Now on to something I never knew was actually in style, but it has now "come back" with a vengeance...Ponchos. Yes, I said Ponchos! They are not just for us Mexicans anymore!


Rag & Bone




Forever 21, $24.80


There were so many runway trends this Fall that I couldn't possibly cover them all (look at me Mom, I'm rhyming)! Although there were a lot, including, leather, lace, and even chunky knit sweaters, they all seemed to manage to put the fun in funky!

~Charlotte the Whore(der)

No comments:

Post a Comment