Friday, September 30, 2011

Cheap Thrills: Fall The Rage


In this week's Cheap Thrills I will confess my love for all things fall. Yes, it's sad to say goodbye to the warm summer days, but a crisp autumn evening is among my top ten favorite things in the world. Before I get into my lifelong obsession of Halloween (we'll cover that in the next few weeks), I want to get into the back-to-school feeling that I find so comforting about this time of year. I'm a major nerd, I loved school and I loved back to school shopping. If Harry Potter had been around when I was in school, I would have dressed like Hermione all year long. When I think of my dream Hermione wardrobe, I think of the outer layer, jackets and coats! Let's take a look at what I found: 





You didn't think I'd wax poetic about my love of Hermione and not include a cape, did you? Keep your whole self warm and cozy, and utilize the handy openings to whip out your wand and cast a spell. It may not be a look that's for everyone, but I happen to think it's really cute. Urbanog.com offers it in gray or black, sizes S, M, & L, and they've got free shipping on orders over $50! Just use the code FREESHIP at the checkout. 




Keeping with the cape trend, take a look at the Jolt Cape from Nordstrom, now 50% off! It's available in the dark camel color shown here, and black, sizes extra small/small or medium/large. Again, capes aren't for everyone but pair it with some nice jeans and boots, and you will be rocking a fierce fall diva look. Nordstrom offers free shipping with this item, so enjoy an added bonus!




The peacoat is a classic, but if you're like me, you opt for this shorter version. Black peacoats have been done to death, add a little pop into your fall fashion with the one shown here in clover, sizes extra small - extra large. Nordstrom is having currently has the 'Kate' at 50% off regular price, less than $40 for a new coat that will last more than one season! 





If you're looking for something a little sleeker, try this Herringbone Collarless Jacket from the Gap, at almost 60% off the original price! It's simple enough to wear to school or work during the day and or to cover up something edgier for evening. It's available in sizes 0 - 14, and Gap.com is offering free shipping on orders over $50, and a $7 flat fee for orders under $50.





I saved my favorite find for last, this classic double breasted coat from H&M (in stores only) is available in light caramel, as pictured here, and black, sizes 4-16. Normally I'd be all over the black coat, but the light caramel has a retro vibe I think is charming and pretty damn adorable. This one isn't available online, unfortunately, but with H&M stores popping up everywhere - you might be lucky enough to have one within driving distance. Think you can beat me to it? I'll race you there....

No comments:

Post a Comment