Thursday, January 19, 2012

Get Nailed: Bee Mine

I am so randomly excited for Valentine's Day this year that I have already started doing Valentine nails and writing other Valentine's Day themed posts!
First up in my Valentine nails is the cute and cheeky (in my opinion obv)  "Bee Mine" nails.
They are pretty simple, and you may even be able to do it better, ha ! I found the original picture for my inspiration on Pinterest and I thought I would switch it up for Valentine's Day. Here it goes!
1. Make sure nails are clean, dry, and manicured to perfection (or close to it).
2. Put a clear base coat on. 
3. Put a solid color on. I used Urban Outfitters pink 2 for Valentines day, but you can do whatever color you'd like.
4.Beginning with your pinkie nail, draw dotted lines in a swirly and fun pattern to imitate the flight pattern of the bee. You can use a toothpick, a nail art brush, a very thin paint brush, or a polish pen for this.
5. Next step I wrote "Bee Mine" on my thumb with a nail polish pen.
6. Lastly, I drew the bee. I used ZOYA  in "Creamy" to make an oval shape for the body of the bee. Then I drew vertical stripes on the bee's body and the outline for the wings with Milani's Nail Art in Black Sketch. I filled in the wings using Milani's Nail Art in White Canvas.
7. Voila !

If any of you try or have tried this, post your pics in the comment section below! I would love to see other versions! Until next time, keep on Whore(der)ing !

No comments:

Post a Comment