Friday, December 2, 2011

Get Nailed: That's a Wrap

Yay, December is finally here, and all I can think about is presents...err the presence of Christ. The Wisemen brought presents to Jesus (is it weird that I pronounce it Jesús in my head?) so maybe Christmas really is all about presents? Well whatever your take on presents and Christmas (or Hanukkah for that matter) is, I decided to paint my nails like a present in anticipation of the holidays.


What you will need:

Clear base coat
Solid Polish
Clear top coat
Nail Pen or Nail polish with an art brush
A gem or glitter polish




How to do it: 1. As always, start with clean nails and apply a clear base coat.

2. Next, apply your base coat of color. I used Tempted by Teal from The Garden of Good & Evil Mini Collection that Vanessa got me for my birthday (which is September 4 in case you want to buy me something). It's a very "Christmas-y" color. I like it alot!

3. Let your nails dry so they do not smudge on the next step, or you will have to start all over.

4. Once dry, take your nail pen or nail art polish (I used Stripe Rite in white, )and draw a line horizontally across each finger in the same place. You want to make sure that they line up when you curl your fingers toward your palm. This will make it look like a solid ribbon going across your nails.

5. Next pick a finger (any finger will do, just make sure it is your finger), and draw a vertical line slightly left of the center of your nail. Now, where the lines intersect, draw a cute little bow. It is fun to put the bow on your middle finger so if you have to flip someone off, you look fancy while doing it.

6. Put a gem or a speck of glitter in the middle of the bow and voila! I didn't have a gem handy, so I used my Milani Jewel FX in Gold. Follow up with a clear top coat and you're done!

Your finished product should look something like this (but probably better lol)! Try it out and let me know how it works. And please, post your pics if you try it or if you find any better tricks or tips!

2 comments: