Thursday, December 8, 2011

Get Nailed: Out Damn Spot!

So usually I write about how i did me some awesome nails, but this week, I'm writing how to undo these damn nails I did last week! Imagine my surprise went I went to remove my O.P.I. nail polish, and it didn't come off! What is this world coming to when you can't even count on O.P.I nail polish ?? ?Okay, maybe that was a bit dramatic, but I looked like I fingered the Hulk. Yeah, I said that, now deal with it.

I don't know if any of you have ever suffered the embarrassment of the dreaded "Nail Stain". It usually occurs when you don't use a base polish, use a really cheap polish, or a heavily pigmented polish. I never knew how to completely remove the polish stain, so I usually just painted over it, but this time I ventured  to my magic machine (the computer), and researched (aka Googled) the hell out of it.

I found the simplest way to remove the stain is this:

1) Remove as much as you possibly can with Nail Polish Remover.

2) Get  a cheap manicure kit, and go to town! No seriously, buff and smooth your nails with buffer stick (I may have made that name up) push back your cuticles and cut them with the cuticle pusher/cutter, which is super easy (even thought it looks scary). Next clip and/or file your nails as necessary. Lastly use the "Shine aka Side 2" of the "buffer stick" to polish your nails, and voila, the stains are gone! At most, this took me 10 minutes for both hands.
                                
    IT STARTED LIKE THIS
(DON'T JUDGE ME, I WASN'T DONE CLEANING THEM UP YET)


               AND THEN WENT TO THIS


             WHICH RESULTED IN THIS
                                                  (WTF, RIGHT?)


           AND THEN FINALLY THIS...


It's not perfect, but a 98% improvement in my book! The next day, after normal hand washing, and showers, all the residual green was gone and my nails were clean and happy again! If you know any easier or alternative tricks, let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment