Friday, February 15, 2013

DIY: Water Bottle Labels



My daughter's birthday just passed I really wanted her party to be memorable. I wanted people to be able to take something home from her party or see something that stands out! I've seen  personalized water bottle labels at many parties and thought that one day I will do them. Well ,today is that day!

You can buy pre-made templates from sites like Online Labels, or  personalized labels &/or templates from sites like Etsy, but I'm going to do this the cheapest way possible!

DIY: Water Bottle Labels
What you will need:
*Strips of paper 1 3/4″ tall x 8 1/2″ wide. It can have a custom design from your computer, or you could even use decorative/scrap booking paper.
*Clear 2" Packing tape
*Bottled water, the smoother the bottle, the better.
Instructions:
1. Remove original labels from water bottles.
2. Lay your pre-measured and cut label out on a flat stable surface. Next pull out a piece of  tape just slightly longer than your paper. If done correctly, you should have just a little bit of tape above and below your paper to help adhere the label to the bottle; and a little bit on each end for extra security.
3.Press the tape as smooth as possible onto the paper, careful not to move the label or get air pockets in the tape if at all possible.
4.Pick up your label and line it up as straight as possible along the side of the bottle where the original label was and apply slowly.

I would like to mention that I have yet to test the "waterproof-ness" of these labels.  I recommend just keeping them chilled in the refrigerator as I haven't experienced any problem with basic condensation but I have not yet tried  throwing them in a cooler or bucket of ice. If you try it, let us know how it works!

Here is my finished product!


and don't forget,


1 comment:

  1. many parties and thought that one day I will do them. Well ,today is that day! Bier eigenem Logo

    ReplyDelete