Wednesday, February 13, 2013

DIY: Candy Wrapper Labels



These labels are fun for any occasion and would even be perfect for the quickly approaching Valentine's day! I happen to have made them for my daughter's Disney "Brave" ("If ye had the chance tah change yer feht, woodjhur?") themed party. Has anyone else seen this movie? I had to watch it 2-3 times to understand most of what they were saying...I get it, you're Scottish. 

Anyways, I found templates online that you could buy, or very specific free printable templates, but no instructions on how to make your own.

Here are some basic instructions so you can make them yourself :

1.Using Microsoft Word, make a rectangle approximately roughly 5.25 x 5.5.
This will be cover a standard 1.55oz candy bar.


2. Using Word Art , clip art, pictures, and additional text boxes, personalize your wrapper for the occasion.

3. Once printed, cut around the solid lines of your rectangle, this will be your wrapper.

4. Fold the wrapper over the candy bar. You can fold it over the original wrapper, or do like I did, (like a nut), wrap the already wrapped candy in foil for a sleeker look, and apply
your label over that. 

5. You can use scotch tape, double sided tape, or glue to adhere the label.

Pictured above is my candy wrapper label and a personalized water bottle label I made as well.
  

2 comments: