Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pinterest Banana Boats

 
 
I originally saw these amazing looking things on Pinterest (of course), and tracked them down to the Lick My Spoon blog. In my excitement (and being in my ravenous pregnancy hunger mode), I didn't really pay attention to any of the instructions and made them how I wanted to.
 
Instructions:

1. Choose your bananas wisely. I sent my husband to the store and he bought barely ripe ones. You     will want to pick up the ugly old lady ones...you know, the one with brown spots (but not too many spots, and not mushy).
 
2. Slit the bananas lengthwise and stuff them with any combination of toppings that you (and the little fat kid inside of you) desire. I used chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chopped almonds, and sprinkles!
 
3. According to Lick My Spoon, you should wrap the bananas in foil and place on the grill.  Next, grill with the cover on until toppings get melty and delicious. I opted not to do this and it may have made a difference. I didn't wrap them, I just placed them on a sheet of foil on the grill so I could watch them. Per other websites, if you are not wrapping them in foil, they are most likely done when the center is gooey and the peels are black...The middle didn't get as gooey as I would have liked, but they were still pretty yummy!
 
 
4. Eat right out of the peel with a spoon or scoop out and eat it with ice cream! Mmmm!!!! I had a picture of me eating one, but I decided not to post it. I can assure you it looked something like this though, just add bananas....
 
Ice Cream Makes Me Angry!

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment