Thursday, September 6, 2012

Muffin Tin Mini Pizza

Pinterest will be the death of me...literally. I am quite sure while I am on Maternity Leave I will make something (not of the healthy variety, more of the delicious fatty variety) every night until I am morbidly obese a la Gilbert Grape's Mom. One of the things recipes which has struck my fancy not only because it looks yummy but because it seems easy, is "Pizza Muffins". Although it seems to have been a Pinterest mystery link, I finally found  a source on the "All My Great Ideas Are Really From Pinterest" blog.
 
 
 
I'm sort of about using what I have in the house to cook or bake so I didn't follow her directions 100% but my Mini Muffin Tin Pizzas were still yummy! Luckily the hubby is still on his Atkins diet so we had cheese, and pepperoni of all shapes and sizes on hand. And luckily I'm a fatty and love bread so we had Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits in the fridge as well.
 
Directions:Preheat oven to 325 degrees (as the package directed on biscuit dough vs pizza dough) and grease your cupcake pan.

Push the dough into the molds and try to make the dough cover the sides. I used one biscuit per tin and had two left over which I dispersed among all the tins. Next cover the dough with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
 
 
 
Bake for 10-15 minutes but keep an eye on them especially if you are using the biscuit dough instead of the pizza dough because they will rise quickly!
 
I used mini and regular sized pepperoni (hey, I like pepperoni) and tons of cheese so the muffin tin came out of the oven a little...uh...ugly.
 
 
Once I separated them from each other, they were much cuter and super delicious!
 

 
These are fast and easy to make and usually everyone in the house is happy with it! I mean seriously, who doesn't like pizzas?? Has anyone else tried this or made any other variations they want to share? If so, leave a comment below or find us on FB, or Twitter. If you're a Pinterest fiend like I am, come and follow  Whoreders on Pinterest as well as myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment