Friday, April 13, 2012

Gotta Have It: Zit Zappin Serum



It's happened to all of us, usually right before a big date or the night before you're going to take your new ID picture. Sometimes you can cover it up with makeup magic, side swept bangs, mourning veil or a band-aid (my favorite technique in junior high) - but if none of these tricks work, you might have to pull out the big guns. I'm talking about all those countless cleansers, serums, scrubs, balms and voodoo rituals we've all heard about and tried. Let's be honest, there's no one sure-fire pimple fix. What works for one person, might not do a thing for another, and your bff's favorite solution might turn your skin into dragon scales.

But before we all sink into a Debbie Downer moment, let's remember that the only way you'll find something that works is by keeping your eyes and ears open for new things to try. That's what I've got for you today, something that actually cleared up two spots on my face overnight, literally.


*cue choir of angels singing*

Say hello to Juice Beauty's Blemish Clearing Serum! I got it in a Birchbox a few months ago, and at the time I was lucky enough to be clear skinned and fresh faced, so I wasn't able to see its full power. But Aunt Flow brought me a special surprise and gave me, not one, but two(!) different kinds of pimples last week. One was a small white-tipped little devil on my cheek, and the other was a scarlet monster on the side of my nose. After I stopped crying hysterically, I remembered that I had a lil' tube of this stuff in my sample treasure box. I applied a little on each spot after washing my face, and hoped for the best.

Now, if I were a smart person, I probably would have taken a photo of the "before". But... I'm not, and I didn't. But I swear on a stack of Vogues that my skin cleared up overnight. The smaller one shrank to almost nothing, it disappeared completely after applying makeup. Big red vanished completely. Guys, I'm not joking, this thing looked like a mosquito bite on the side of my nose, and it was GONE the next morning.


I've gotten a couple of Juice Beauty products from Birchbox, and I've been totally impressed. The products are available online on their website, and from Birchbox. It's also sold at Whole Foods and other small boutiques/spas, click here to find a location near you. 


He-Man Picture from Cheezburgers

2 comments:

  1. I really want this NOW. I have an angry red devil on my chin that refuses to leave. Fix me Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete