Friday, March 22, 2013

It's a Pizza Cake


See what I did there? With the title? BAM.

SO our dear ol' Vanessa celebrated another birthday (forever 29) and I thought to myself, "what better way to celebrate than with a cake that looks like pizza?"

It's easy, my lil readers, let me tell you how to make one for yourself.

First, get a nice, clean box from a pizza place. Or you can use a dirty box, but who likes a dirty box?

Next, buy or borrow a pizza pan. LTRLY, a pan for pizza. I was rull scared to use it since it was going to bake the cake so thin, but trust me. I suppose you can use a deep dish or regular round cake pan as well... but it's not as fun. The pan I used was about 1/2" high - just enough to keep the batter in.

Preheat the oven 25 degrees lower than the recipe calls for.

Make whatever cake batter you choose and only add a small amount to the pan, spreading it thin and even. I only used maybe 1/5 of the mix I had made and added enough to fill about 1-2 mm short of the top of the pan.

Pop in the oven for about the amount of time it takes for cupcakes. I don't know exactly how long it was in there for, I just kept a close watch on it. You may also want to keep a big piece of foil underneath the pan, just in case it was overfilled.

If it doesn't go right you still have enough batter to try a few more times!

Once cooled, very carefully transfer to the box (hardest part of making the cake).

Sauce:  Dyed frosting. Or I suppose you could be fancy and make some sort of berry sauce.

Cheese: Grated white chocolate.

Pepperoni: I started making fondant, but it wasn't going well (new recipe) and I was over it, so I ran to the store and bought natural fruit rolls and cut them with a shot glass. Perfect!


PIZZA PARTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment