Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How Birchbox Has Cured My Fear of Commitment



Hello, my name is Charlotte, and I am what is known as a compromissphobe. In non-fancy speak, I am afraid of commitment, and I'm not talking about relationship commitment (I'm married for God's sake.) I'm talking about my irrational fear of commitment to make-up and other beauty products. Like most girls, I love me some beauty products; however, also like most girls (maybe I'm alone here?), I am notorious for trying a product once or twice, hating it, and returning the damn thing. It is a lot of effort for us lazy, indecisive people to go to a store, pick and buy an item, try and dislike that item, and then go back to return the item. It's a vicious cycle I can't seem to break.

Love to try, hate to buy, that's me in a nutshell. So what's a diva to do ? One word,  Birchbox. Birchbox is a beauty website that is free to peruse, and $10 monthly to become a member. What do you get for a meager ten dollars? "Each month, you'll receive a  selection of 4-5 samples that [Birchbox employees] have tried (and retried) [themselves].  You'll receive anything from skincare to makeup to cult beauty tools, from well-known brands as well as emerging gems." Compromissphobe say what ?!?

If that little shpeel didn't reel you in, I don't know what will. Oh wait, yes I do. Each month, Vanessa and I will be doing monthly reviews of our Birchboxes. We will show you what we receive, and give you our brutally honest opinion of the products. Birchbox has eased my fear of commitment by allowing me to try before I buy, and offering a discount if I decide to buy the full sized product (plus free shipping on all orders over $50)! If we inspire you to sign up, great, make sure to give us credit by  using our e-mail addresses brilliantbruja@gmail.com for Charlotte or sesame76@yahoo.com for Vanessa.

No comments:

Post a Comment