Sunday, July 31, 2011

Charlotte's top 5 surprise wins...


I only started entering sweepstakes and requesting freebies in late 2010 with a co-worker of mine. For being an active“Sweepstaker” such a short amount of time, I feel pretty good about what I have to show for it. Don’t get me wrong, I am not one of those people you hear about who don’t work, and sit at the computer all day, managing to win houses and cars and multiple vacations in a matter of months. I have won a good amount of small stuff, enough to keep me motivated to keep on trying.

My favorite part of my day is when I get home from work, and it’s not for the reason many of you may think. Sure, I like to kick off my shoes and relax when I get home from work, but I’m even more excited about checking my mailbox every afternoon. What on earth could be so exciting that I would check my mail box before I go inside to pee when I’ve been holding it for eight hours (our work bathrooms are disgusting).Well I’ll tell you! I enter for all freebies, coupons, sweepstakes, and contests that I can find. This results in packages and envelopes arriving to my doorstep at least once a week.

However, when I am in my “enter anything and everything” mode, I often enter for ridiculous items that are useless to me, items I think I could never win, or I forget what I have entered for altogether. There is nothing better than coming home to an envelope that could be holding one billion dollars in cash, or a box that could contain a year’s worth of Hostess products ; a girl can dream can’t she?

With the arrival of my latest random win, I figured I’d share with you my five favorite “surprise wins” that I have received. For dramatic effect, I’ll count backwards from five, and guide you through my favorite wins.
Ranked number five on my list was from Target and their “Refresh Your Nest Sweepstakes”. The grand prize was aHome Makeover with ARV up to $50,000. I won a prize all right, but it wasn’t what I expected. Imagine my surprise when I come home from work, to a box from Target that I was not expecting, and it is roughly the size of a mini-fridge. Was it a mini-fridge? No, it was 1 of 1,000 Dasani Recycling Bins ARV $13. Woo-freaking-hoo. I ended up using it for a good cause, so I should probably stop whining. I’m sure there are kids in Africa that would kill for a Dasani recycle bin, or would they just kill for a Dasani?
Anyways, on to my next favorite win. One day I received a medium size box in the mail which I suspected was a few DVDs. I opened the box expecting popular Blockbuster hits, but instead received a trio of movies from FUNimation Entertainment consisting of Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl, Alien vs. Ninja, and my personal favorite, RoboGeisha. On the plus side, I suppose that if I ever befriend a fan of cheesy yet memorable Japanese movies, I don’t have to spend money on their Christmas gifts.

Now, on to the good stuff! My third favorite win came with a knock on the door and a signature required for a measly envelope. It was from Huggies. I had just had my first child, and I thought to myself, is this a bill? Did no one inform me that when I chose to reproduce, babies would be taxable by diaper companies? I fearfully opened the envelope that the UPS man had brought. To my extreme excitement, inside, was a $250 Sephora gift card issued to me, from Huggies, basically, for buying diapers. Score one for the mommas!

Number two on my list is a recent win from Eye-Fi Casio TRYX Sweepstake. What did I win? You guessed it, (and if you didn’t you might want to slap yourself,) I won a Casio TRYX camera and bonus Eye-Fi wireless SD card ARV $299.97. Now I finally have a camera to take pictures of everyone I know in horrible lighting and awkward poses to make me feel better about myself.

Finally, drumroll please, duh dum duh dum duh dum (clearly I don’t play the drums.) My number one, all time random, favorite, surprise win was a Line 6 POD HD500. What is that you ask? I have absolutely no idea, but I sold it for almost $500 to an awesome old rocker. Apparently it plays music, or helps you play music. Obviously, I still don’t know what it does; all I know is that it put $450 in my pocket and a smile on my face.



No comments:

Post a Comment